Instagram is a prime target, with its access to many of your friends around the world, so here’s how to update your security details. It’ll take you less than two minutes.
Open up the app and tap on the Profile icon in the bottom right corner (the one that looks like a silhouette of a person’s head and shoulders.
Next, tap the three lines in the top right corner and select Settings from the menu that appears
Tap on Privacy and security then look for the section marked Security in which you’ll see an option for Password.
Confirm the updated details by entering the password again, then to complete the process tap on the Save button or tick icon in the top right corner.
That’s it, you can now log back into the app with your new password.
- Go to your profile and tap in the top right.
- Tap Settings > Privacy and Security > Password.
- Enter your current password and then enter your new password.
- Tap Save or in the top right.
What can I do if I forgot my password?
Resetting your password is very easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Go to our log In page.
- Click Having trouble logging in?
- Enter the email address you use for PayPal and click Next.
- Check your email (this may take a few minutes)
- Click the link inside your email to reset your password
- Lastly, click the link in the password change email sent to you and reset your password.
How To Change Your Instagram Email Address
You can change your Instagram email address via the web or through the Instagram application.
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap “Edit profile.”
- Your registered email address should be shown under the Private Information section. Make sure that this is a real email address, otherwise tap on the field and change it.
3. Type your new mail id and verify it by going on your mail.
4. Open the email and confirm your email address.
To create a strong password, use a combination of at least 6 numbers, letters and punctuation marks